(8) Rotating air chucks are ideal for precision turning and cylindrical grinding applications that require close concentricity, squareness, and parallelism tolerances. Variable clamping force enables clamping of thin-walled and other fragile parts with minimal distortion. All models, except the 3-50, feature a coolant or air passage through the center of the chuck.
(11) Stationary air chucks are ideal for milling, drilling, tapping, and other applications requiring a compact self-contained workholding fixture. Air is supplied directly into the side of the chuck body, and the chuck can be mounted directly to the machine table or pallet. Through holes are available on all models.
(4) Long stroke air chucks feature extended jaw opening for load clearance or to clamp a range of diameters without changing top jaws. Long stroke chucks are available in rotating and stationary configurations. Their high accuracy makes them ideal for clamping headed workpieces for turning, grinding, or milling/drilling applications.
Special models with total jaw stroke of .500" (12.7mm), .750" (19.1mm), and 1.000" (24.5mm) are also available. Please call for information.
(6) HST High Speed Air Chucks feature a titanium chuck body and are actuated by a patented external wedge design that maintains clamping force at high spindle speeds without counterweights. This revolutionary design minimizes the effects of centrifugal force resulting in consistent clamping force throughout the chuck's rpm range.
HST chucks are available in standard, HS, and BP models. The HS models are dynamically balanced and feature MicroCentric's patented NR50 non-rotating air tube system. The NR50 design eliminates vibra tion caused by rotating air at higher spindle speeds, thus enhancing a machine's surface finish, and roundness capability.
(3) Sealed air chucks feature a stainless steel cover that seals the jaw slides. This design prevents contamination from grit and swarf and minimizes chuck maintenance for high volume production operations. Sealed air chucks are available in rotating and stationary configurations and are ideal for cylindrical grinding operations as well as machining abrasive materials such as powdered metal, ceramic, or carbide.
QC precision located top jaw system is standard on sealed air chucks.
(6) Large Diameter Air Chucks offer high accuracy and adjustable clamping force for machining large diameter precision and thin-walled workpieces. Large Diameter chucks are availalbe in three jaw as well as two and six jaw configurations. Large Diameter models with extended jaw stroke, air ports on OD of chuck body for stationary applications, and other special configurations are quoted upon request.
.0002" (0.005mm) TIR is standard
.0001" (0.0025mm) TIR is available
MicroCentric Corp. 25 South Terminal Drive, Plainview, NY 11803 Phone: 800.573.1139 - 516.349.7220 Fax: 516.349.9354 E-mail: email@example.com